Ways to help
The work of a volunteer is varied and interesting.
As a volunteer you will be offered full training. On completion of this you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with women, children and young people
- Support and facilitate activities in the Refuge and Resource Centre
- Take part in fundraising activities
- Help with administrative work
Volunteers with Women's Aid Antrim, Ballymena, Carrickfergus, Larne and Newtownabbey.
Friends of Women's Aid
Anyone who wishes to support Women's Aid ABCL&N but does not have the time to be an 'active volunteer' may support the organisation. Please send your details to email@example.com to become a friend. Friends of Women's Aid are involved in a variety of activities:
- Fundraising events take place in each of the five areas we work in. Events include sponsored activities, fundraising functions, bag packing in local supermarkets, quiz nights and special appeals.
- Awareness raising events in various community settings to promote the services offered by Women's Aid to women, children and young people affected by domestic violence.
- Payroll giving this is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis. Payroll giving
- Every penny we fundraise supports women and children in your community living with domestic violence. Please consider helping by making a donation. Please click on the "Make a donation" banner below to donate now.
Donations can be made to Women's Aid ABCL&N by post to;
The Naomi Centre, 2 Cullybackey Road, Ballymena. BT43 5DF Telephone: 02825632136